[chbot] Discussion point ! Cell apps

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 22:54:08 BST 2018

I think I see what you are trying to do, but why not do everything on the
web?

"Unfortunately with Win 7 Win 8 and Win 10 and in some cases 32 and 64 bit,
Linux with 100 versions, no 2 PCs are alike so finding solutions can be
tricky."

This problem disappears if you have a browser.

As I see it you have to rewrite the PC application (or portions of it) as
an Android app, or upgrade your web interface to provide management
functions. If you choose the latter then suddenly it's cross-platform and
needs nothing to be installed on any client device.

Frankly I despise apps. Or rather, I despise how they are used. Often they
simply duplicate the function of the website, so what is the point (other
than they can get access to your phone's id and contact list)?

Andrew