[chbot] Discussion point ! Cell apps

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Thu Aug 9 22:33:07 BST 2018

Thanks Volker for the reply. To summarize, the db is on Crazydomains and both
the PC software and Web interface with the data. The PC software dynamically
updates the web pages.

Ok the real problem with 6gb is possibly of 6gb of mistakes. This starts of
with having to load the matching SDK JDK C++ .Net etc and it seems that
whenever I load new software, I then spend the rest of the day trying to get
it to play together. Never had that problem with loading Notepad.  The web is
great but the amount of misinformation is huge and you often go down empty
rabbit holes.

I have been using Netbeans for the PHP and HTML code and I found it really
good. It to has a Android interface but I could not get that run with a
'matched' set of utility programs.

Unfortunately with Win 7 Win 8 and Win 10 and in some cases 32 and 64 bit,
Linux with 100 versions, no 2 PCs are alike so finding solutions can be
tricky.

So I guess the small IDE make for less problems with the install, but the
other questions is, does anyone have experience with the Android or IOS
platforms that could share their wisdom.

Thanks Wallace.