[chbot] Discussion point ! Cell apps

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 8 21:50:12 BST 2018

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. You want a client
app on a mobile phone to interface to your server-hosted software?
That's reasonably common. I've seen 2 or 3 IDEs mentioned over time that
claimed cross-platform (read: android + ios) development, but don't
recall their names and have no idea how good they are.

With android you can compile an apk file and load that onto client's
phones. If you care to publish the app source code you can load it onto
f-droid. With ios you have to get it into the apple app store first
before clients can install it on any iphone. It's always been a
littlemore expensive to be had by the short and curlies by monopolies.

What's the problem with 6GB of IDE? All commercial application software
is bloatware these days. For efficient development you probably always
want to run that kind of software on a fast PC.

If you want a local in-house server fort he customer and your
performance requirements are small enough, use a raspberry pi. Cheap
enough for smaller clubs too.