[chbot] 3D printing

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:39:35 GMT 2017

Hi everyone,

The continuing story of my 3D printer today involves Octopi, which is a
self-contained image for Octoprint on a Pi.

It was totally worth buying yet another Pi to run it (thanks nicegear.co.nz!).
It took very little effort to set it up and now my printer can be managed
through a web interface running on the Pi. Octoprint includes a slicer, so
you make your STL file, drag and drop it onto the Octopi web page, select
slice then print. Done!*

Read all about it here:
http://octoprint.org/download/

Best wishes,

Andrew

* Not done in an instant. It takes at least an hour for anything but the
smallest doodads.