[chbot] Another possible way of picking up walnuts ?

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Fri Nov 10 05:06:47 GMT 2017

> Robin Gilks has been working through various robotic solutions to his
> harvesting problem.
>
> This may well be called the 'brute force' solution
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNty8QNITpg
>
> There is the small matter of separating nuts from detritus later in the
> process...
>
> -Mark

I already have one of these
http://www.greystonenz.co.nz/paddock-vac.html
which is very similar, just not connected to the mower. Not that the mower
would do the nuts a lot of good!!

What I'm currently using are these:
http://www.amb-rousset.com/en/products/walnut-rolling-hand-harvester/

A guy just round the corner from us has one of these:
http://www.amb-rousset.com/en/products/harvester-mediane-r19/
but then he does have 100 acres with over 4000 trees

This is what I'm planning to push round with a wheelchair motor powered robot
http://www.nutpickerupper.com/

I think half the problems to be solved will be emptying and charging ;)

--
Robin Gilks