[chbot] Power monitoring

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:48:48 GMT 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Volker Kuhlmann <list0570 at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> On Thu 12 Jan 2017 10:37:02 NZDT +1300, Kiel Hurley wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for something to measure power usage which can export its
> data.
> > DIY or commercially available (but would prefer it isn't cloud
> connected).
>
> I've used one of those <$20 plug-in-between things for that purpose, it
> does give useful numbers but of course doesn't export enything.
>
> There was a really expensive Swiss one I saw recently but forgot its
> name, not sure whether that is because it only works with the cloud
> (which all goes on my electronic junk pile).

I have one of those very expensive Swiss things. It is called yoctopuce.
http://www.yoctopuce.com/

It has a web interface (as well as many other interfaces) but is not Cloud
based. The web interface
works through a local web server running on your PC. I use Linux, but I
think it works with Windows
and Mac too.

They have various different sensors. I have a current sensor. They also do
a Watt sensor.
http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-electrical-sensors/yocto-watt

Priced to make your eyes water though.