[chbot] Power monitoring

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 11 22:38:49 GMT 2017

On Thu 12 Jan 2017 10:37:02 NZDT +1300, Kiel Hurley wrote:

> I'm looking for something to measure power usage which can export its data.
> DIY or commercially available (but would prefer it isn't cloud connected).

I've used one of those <$20 plug-in-between things for that purpose, it
does give useful numbers but of course doesn't export enything.

There was a really expensive Swiss one I saw recently but forgot its
name, not sure whether that is because it only works with the cloud
(which all goes on my electronic junk pile).

It would be quite useful to have a setup like this, so if you do a
survey and review of what's available and post it here it'd be really
helpful.