[chbot] Power monitoring

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jan 11 23:22:43 GMT 2017

On Thu 12 Jan 2017 11:48:48 NZDT +1300, Charles Manning wrote:

> I have one of those very expensive Swiss things. It is called yoctopuce.
> http://www.yoctopuce.com/

That's the one, thanks.

> Priced to make your eyes water though.

Yep for sure! On the positive, they will deliver all the accuracy that
has been promised, and from memory, the promises were extensive.

In contrast, all those arduino projects don't give you any promises, and
neither should they, because that'd be lieing^H^H^Hmisleading the user.
The absence of any accuracy discussion in any such project is a sure
guarantee that it doesn't have any. What's the point of making a
measurement instrument then? I can make a random number generator
cheaper than that. Unless a guestimator is all that's required - like
the USB power gimmick I showed recently, which is very useful in
verifying ("sanity check") USB power supply promises for example. Took
me 20 seconds for a 1 star feedback on a car charger yesterday.