[chbot] Arduino for $3! & link for 2.2 inch touch screen

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 29 01:52:16 GMT 2014

On Wed 29 Oct 2014 14:26:26 NZDT +1300, Chris Hellyar wrote:

Well spoken, thanks Chris.

If you want a cheap arduino without the USB use a pro mini. Can be programmed via USB and a 1x6 header, but no USB/serial on board.

> Of course I can't vouch for the quality of the other components on any of the cheap Arduino boards

Hehe, they're never quite sure which colour LEDs to put where, and where each resistor value goes... Soldering can look a bit so so too, but is easy to fix while things still have pins. Cheap way to get a 328 and a PCB for it without having to invest.

Is there a way under Linux to find out thich ftdis are fake?