[chbot] Arduino for $3! & link for 2.2 inch touch screen

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Wed Oct 29 02:14:18 GMT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: "Volker Kuhlmann" <list0570 at paradise.net.nz>

>If you want a cheap arduino without the USB use a pro mini. Can be programmed via USB
>and a 1x6 header, but no USB/serial on board.

I've never used any of the nano jobs because I like having the USB header for prototyping, but every time I'm pricing some new boards I look at them.  The thing that puts me off is the odd spacing of some of the holes so sticking them in verboard wouldn't be as easy unless you run wires/headers out the top...

Must order a couple next time I'm getting some and have a play, they certainly are dinky-small, and quite a bit cheaper than the nano.

>Is there a way under Linux to find out thich ftdis are fake?

Not linux, but a good microscope, and intersting in a geeky kind of way.

http://zeptobars.ru/en/read/FTDI-FT232RL-real-vs-fake-supereal

Looks like the fakes are some sort of micro of larger-than-needed micro, so one assumes that FTDI figured out a way to trick them into exposing that.

Cheers, Me.