[chbot] Websites and stuff

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 10:32:41 BST 2014

Possibly stepping back a bit, what are we trying to achieve ?

Maybe:

Web page
- simple web page introduction to the group to non-members
- admin notices

Forum
- manage announcements (meetings, new relevant commercial products,
new web pages)
- start a topic (CPU for an application, subaquatic high temp adhesive)
- respond to that topic
- topics may lead on to upload of files, images associated with projects
- personal management of subscribing and un-subscribing to the service

Email
- emails notifications (and content ?) of subscribed messages
- email summaries, once a day

Maybe existing web sites / forums could be used as examples - I
subscribe to forums with Sparkfun, Altera/Quartus, Stack Exchange --
they all seem to do the job just fine for me.

Private voting on the required features is important - one member, one vote

Anyway, more to think about.

-mark