[chbot] Arduino for $3! & link for 2.2 inch touch screen

Stuart Brown stuartbrown2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:11:24 BST 2014

Guys

Here are links to the Arduino boards and the little 2.2 inch colour TFT
touch screen I had at the meeting tonight:

  * Arduino Nano (no headers) -
    http://www.banggood.com/ATmega328P-Nano-V3-Controller-Board-Compatible-Arduino-p-940937.html
  * Arduino Nano (with headers and USB cable) -
    http://www.banggood.com/ATmega328P-Arduino-Compatible-Nano-V3-Improved-Version-With-USB-Cable-p-933647.html
  * Arduino Pro mini -
    http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-New-Ver-Pro-Mini-ATMEGA328-328p-5V-16MHz-Arduino-Compatible-Nano-Size-p-68534.html
  * Screen -
    http://www.banggood.com/2_2-Inch-Serial-TFT-SPI-LCD-Screen-Module-HD-240-X-320-5110-Compatible-p-912854.html

The Pro mini sells for $3 (US)!

The site has a limited range, but it is growing. I have found shipping
to be better than dx, but still China style. Orders often get split up
because items are not in stock and sometimes can take 2 weeks. But at
these prices I'm not complaining.

I'd be interested in details for alternative development environments
you are using, and any good libraries you have come across.

Mark, I'm also keen to get details of the FrSky telemetry library you
have been using. Which one did you start with and is your modified code
available anywhere? Are you using this on sensor side to send sensor
data back to the Taranis or on the Taranis? How did you connect it up?

Thanks

Stuart