[mythtvnz] 18.04.1 upgrade and old Nvidia drivers

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:30:28 BST 2018

> I just got the notification today that I can upgrade my MythTV box
> from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04.1.  But in researching and testing the
> upgrade, I have come across a serious problem for boxes that are using
> old Nvidia drivers, like my mother's.  Her box needs the Nvidia 304
> series drivers, which are no longer supported by Nvidia:

That is bad.

https://h-node.org/videocards/catalogue/en may be helpful, when
replacing the video card, to find one with proper video support (that
cannot be taken away from you by a corporation's decision)

    If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
              So, here I stand, I can do no other
    root at worik.org 021-1680650, (03) 4821804 Aotearoa (New Zealand)