[mythtvnz] 18.04.1 upgrade and old Nvidia drivers

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Aug 15 07:01:10 BST 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:51:57 +1200, you wrote:

>Nasty. Perhaps a reason to switch to a rolling distro, such as Arch
>linux? Although in the past year I've also had to relegate my GTX460
>to legacy 390xx-series drivers, which was a pain at the time.

And Nvidia is likely to end-of-life the 390 drivers in another couple
of years also.  Maybe this is their way of getting us to all have to
buy new Nvidia cards.  If so, they will find that people will be
migrating rapidly to Intel or AMD video cards.  Unfortunately, for
MythTV users, that would require significant work by the MythTV devs,
and they have no-one at the moment who is willing and able to do that.