[mythtvnz] HDHomeRun discover not working

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Wed Apr 11 01:36:54 BST 2018

So you had it on a dedicated local LAN segment that was isolated between
the HDH and the Mythserver.

Now you've put the HDH on the main LAN and accessing it directly from
other clients, but Mythtv can't find it?

Sounds like you need to give the HDH a dedicated IP address, either on the
device or by doign a DHCP reservation in your router.  Either is fine, as
long as it means that your HDH is always at the same IP addresses.

Auto-anything is a bit of a crock when it comes to servers/services
accessed remotely.

Note it might have been using IPv6 addressing too - hard to know.

THEN its time to start exploring the mythtv-setup interface for the old IP
and then change it.

OR you could be sneaky and do a replace directly in the mythconverg
database using mysql....  That at least would find other occurances of the
old IP address.

And congrats on the house rebuild - that's truly terrifying.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/