[mythtvnz] LIRC and mySKY / Pace TDS850NNZ

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 28 12:13:42 BST 2017

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:52:52 +1300, you wrote:

>I’ve already ordered a TBS6909 earlier tonight, via standard shipping to try and keep it under the GST limit/radar.

Exactly what I did, ordered with free shipping - it came in just under
the limit, and arrived about 2 days after the earliest predicted
arrival date.  We seem to be getting excellent service now from most
Chinese/Hong Kong/Singapore ebay sellers.  And their postal services
are much better than ours now.

>My backend has 2 Skystar2 DVB-S PCI cards, I ditched the PVR-150 and 350 when I put this box together, replacing them with the HD-PVR. I’ve also got a HD Homerun handling DVB-T. In theory I’ll be pulling out the 2 SkyStar2 cards for the TBS6909 so hopefully there won’t be any driver issues there.

Sounds good.  And the TBS6909 only needs a single aerial feed for all
8 tuners, so it should be getting even better signal than the old
SkyStar2 cards, which presumably needed a splitter.

>Thanks for pointers and kick in the ass to get this moving.  8)

Let me know if you need any help with setup.