[mythtvnz] LIRC and mySKY / Pace TDS850NNZ

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 21:54:56 BST 2017

> You will need to know the boxid of your MySky box to configure Oscam

Thanks for sharing that tip Stephen. I pfaffed around with Oscam a couple
of years ago, and just gave up because it would not play nice with the Sky
card. I cancelled my Sky Sports sub and switched to FanPass (which has
truly horrific quality for a "HD" streaming service).

Knowing that someone else is able to able to do this, I'm now strongly
considering resubscribing to Sky Sport. It's going to work out to be
roughly the same price as FanPass from the beginning of 2018.

--
Jonathan

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 at 00:14 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:52:52 +1300, you wrote:
>
> >I’ve already ordered a TBS6909 earlier tonight, via standard shipping to
> try and keep it under the GST limit/radar.
>
> Exactly what I did, ordered with free shipping - it came in just under
> the limit, and arrived about 2 days after the earliest predicted
> arrival date.  We seem to be getting excellent service now from most
> Chinese/Hong Kong/Singapore ebay sellers.  And their postal services
> are much better than ours now.
>
> >My backend has 2 Skystar2 DVB-S PCI cards, I ditched the PVR-150 and 350
> when I put this box together, replacing them with the HD-PVR. I’ve also got
> a HD Homerun handling DVB-T. In theory I’ll be pulling out the 2 SkyStar2
> cards for the TBS6909 so hopefully there won’t be any driver issues there.
>
> Sounds good.  And the TBS6909 only needs a single aerial feed for all
> 8 tuners, so it should be getting even better signal than the old
> SkyStar2 cards, which presumably needed a splitter.
>
> >Thanks for pointers and kick in the ass to get this moving.  8)
>
> Let me know if you need any help with setup.

Jonathan Hoskin