[mythtvnz] Can not connect to database after upgrade to mythtv .29

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 04:03:16 BST 2017

On 26/09/17 14:29, Curtis Walker wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2017 2:19 pm, "Paul" <paulgir at gmail.com
> <mailto:paulgir at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I've just upgraded to .29. Backend seems to run fine but frontend
>     cannot connect to backend.
>
>     Should I restore the latest DB backup?
>
>     -Paul

> I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup, which should perform
> the required update of the database to the latest schema.
>
> Then restart the backend service and try the frontend again.

Ok, seems to be good now I changed the backend Primary IP address/DNS
name from 127.0.01 to localhost and it eventually connected.
I've done several reboots and it starts ok.
It now shows a bar graphic while it waits to connect to the backend and
start the database.I take it that is a new thing in 0.29.
Total boot time is the same as it was before.
Cheers