[mythtvnz] Can not connect to database after upgrade to mythtv .29

Paul paulgir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 03:39:58 BST 2017

On 26/09/17 14:29, Curtis Walker wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2017 2:19 pm, "Paul" <paulgir at gmail.com
> <mailto:paulgir at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I've just upgraded to .29. Backend seems to run fine but frontend
>     cannot connect to backend.
>
>     Should I restore the latest DB backup?
>
>     -Paul

> I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup, which should perform
> the required update of the database to the latest schema.
>
> Then restart the backend service and try the frontend again.

Ok I ran mythtv-setup from the command line and it does the same thing
as backend setup does so it is the same thing.

This does not fix the problem though.

I get a "unable to  connect to master backend" message in the mythtv
startup status screen.

If I access the settings and change the port from 3306 to 6543 the
message changes to 'waiting for database to start" and then "Database
failed to start"

The message below is what I get when running mythfilldatabase

017-09-26 15:30:19.786541 E  MythSocket(7f79ac004740:-1): Failed to
connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection refused
2017-09-26 15:30:19.786628 E  Connection to master server timed out.
             Either the server is down or the master server settings
             in mythtv-settings does not contain the proper IP address