[mythtvnz] Apple TV 4th Gen with mythtv server

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 01:37:25 BST 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Joel Wirāmu Pauling <joel at aenertia.net>
wrote:

> Vote for the Nvidia Shield - currently easily the best TV front-end media
> box out.
>
> You will need to order from Amazon/Ebay as no-one seems to be importing
> them locally. But the non-hdd version can be had for $300 NZD mark.
>
> There are some reasonable Chinese variants around but Updates/Frimware and
> really knowing your SoC's is required in order to make a good choice.

If you want an economical kodi front end then buy an s905/s905x/s912
android box from china and put libreelec on it. I have three and they are
brilliant, and you cannot beat this price:

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MECOOL-M8S-PRO-Plus-4K-TV-Box-381461.html

Also the Odroid C2 is a good choice.

With those chipsets you get 4k decoding.