[mythtvnz] recommendations for front end...

Kenneth Dixon kenneth.b.dixon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 00:26:06 GMT 2015

On 7 January 2015 at 12:21, worik <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/01/15 11:22, Jason Taylor wrote:
> > For a front end only a raspberrypi is good, can use the tv remote and
> uses
> > very little power, If you want to stream content (netflix tvnz ondemand
> > etc) then an intel NUC box is good
>
> Interesting.  I have both.
>
> I could not get Raspberry PI working with Myth.  Is there instructions
> some place?
>
> My NUC is an absolute piece of shit!  I have a *lot* of ram and 30GB of
> SSD and it runs like a steamroller in 6 inches of mud.  A waste of money
> it was.  Does work as a front end but for what it is it is way way over
> priced.
>
> What about a Beaglebone?

There are a lot of android devices out which will work as a MythTV frontend
if combined with Kodi <http://kodi.tv/> (XBMC) and the the cmyth PVR plugin:
http://www.dx.com/s/google+tv
I haven't tried it with one of these stand alone boxes, but works fine with
a tablet + HDMI out.

You also get the native Netflix app.

Ken.