[mythtvnz] recommendations for front end...

worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:21:09 GMT 2015

On 02/01/15 11:22, Jason Taylor wrote:
> For a front end only a raspberrypi is good, can use the tv remote and uses
> very little power, If you want to stream content (netflix tvnz ondemand
> etc) then an intel NUC box is good

Interesting.  I have both.

I could not get Raspberry PI working with Myth.  Is there instructions
some place?

My NUC is an absolute piece of shit!  I have a *lot* of ram and 30GB of
SSD and it runs like a steamroller in 6 inches of mud.  A waste of money
it was.  Does work as a front end but for what it is it is way way over
priced.

What about a Beaglebone?

Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
                          Aotearoa (New Zealand)
                             I voted for love