[mythtvnz] Cannot see videos from frontend

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 05:09:46 GMT 2014

I have a frontend/backend setup with a frontend on the backend also.

I have a USB drive attached to the backend that holds videos.

I can see the videos using the front end on the backend but not from the
remote  frontend.

It reports no "There are no videos  in the database, would you like to
scan your cideo directories now?"  And then it quickly reports "The
video scan found no files, have you configured a video storage group?"

There is nothing in the backend log and in the front end it says:

Jan 10 18:05:51 bruce mythfrontend[1408]: I VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:163 (run) Beginning Video Scan.
Jan 10 18:05:51 bruce mythfrontend[1408]: I VideoScanner
videoscan.cpp:391 (buildFileList) buildFileList directory =
myth://Videos@noam/media/Videos/
Jan 10 18:05:51 bruce mythfrontend[1408]: I VideoScanner dirscan.cpp:259
(ScanVideoDirectory) MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning Group
(myth://Videos@noam/media/Videos/)

That seems OK to me.

I can watch and record live TV, make and watch scheduled recordings.  I
have listings almost working etcetera.  But this has me stumped.  Where
to from here?

cheers
Worik

--
The only true evil is turning people into things....
                                         Granny Weatherwax