[mythtvnz] Commercial detection

Adam Bennetts abennetts at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:12:53 GMT 2014

Hi,

I've already posted to this list but didn't actually say hello. Sorry.
Hi, and by way of an introduction, I've been using MythTV for a couple
of years but have only recently returned to NZ. I have an Acer Revo
R3700 combined FE/BE running 0.25.2 with a couple of USB DVB-T dual tuners.

Is anyone else using the commercial detection scripts from here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Commercial_detection_with_silences

It looks for clusters of silences to detect commercials. It's also very
fast, near enough to real time for SD channels on a dual core Atom Acer
Revo. Works perfectly for a couple of shows on TV3 and Prime. Works
better than nothing for One but seems to need fine tuning. There isn't
much to record at the moment so I haven't made any attempt to tune it
for NZ yet.

If anyone else has tried it, do you have presets for NZ?

Cheers,
Adam.