[mythtvnz] Gnome3, Mythfrontend and xbmc

Demian Dixon d at coretech.co.nz
Wed Apr 30 01:01:55 BST 2014

Hi all,

I have been running xbmc as an alternative frontend to mythtv for a couple
of days.  I am having a little problem with switching between mythfrontend
and xbmc..

Normally the machine boots, mythwelcome runs and then I launch
mythfrontend.  I added a new menu item for xbmc and launch that from
mythfrontend.   All good but when I try and exit xbmc I get returned to the
Gnome desktop instead of mythfrontend.  I have to ALT-TAB to get to
mythfrontend.

Any possible solutions?   I guess I don't really need to run Gnome as I
only occasionally drop to a shell and launch Chrome as it seems to have
better support for some streaming sports events..

This is all on Fedora 19 so it is Gnome 3.8

Cheers

Demian