[mythtvnz] (no subject)

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk.74 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:16:38 GMT 2013

On 8 November 2013 12:57, Alex Marshall <alexmnz at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi Thanks for all your responses to my first ever post. Very helpful.
>
>  My questions are as follows:
> 1. This seems quite expensive to watch and record TV how can I cut the
cost
> 2. Was thinking of dropping storage to 1TB as only using PC for one
purpose. Is this enough
> 3. Do I need a Video card for playback or will onboard graphics processor
on CPU cope
> 4. Will this set-up be quiet enough for the living room.
> 5. Does anyone have a better configuration using parts I can still buy
now.

I'm running Mythbuntu 12.04 + MythTv 0.27:
    single core Athlon 64 3000+ cpu
    1GB ram
    nVidia GT220
    Hauppauge HVR-2200
    MCE remote
    6TB of disk space (using roughly 1/2 of this at the moment)

Runs just fine for me.  You don't need much to run Myth - except for disk
space.  We're a typical family using system only for Freeview TV and a few
ripped videos, and I would think that 3TB would be the minimum size to go
for.