[mythtvnz] HTPC Configuration for combined front/back end

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 19:42:26 GMT 2013

  My questions are as follows:
1. This seems quite expensive to watch and record TV how can I cut the cost
2. Was thinking of dropping storage to 1TB as only using PC for one
purpose. Is this enough
3. Do I need a Video card for playback or will onboard graphics processor
on CPU cope
4. Will this set-up be quiet enough for the living room.
5. Does anyone have a better configuration using parts I can still buy now.

> Alex Marshall

You might be able to get a cheaper CPU.I haven't looked up the price for
the one you specified but 2.6 GHz is perfectly adequate.
I used a salvaged case,sprayed it satin black and fitted a new PSU and
Arctic Cooling low noise fans.
I use a 1 TB drive for storage but my pattern is to delete after viewing.

-Paul