[mythtvnz] How to increase the number of DB backups rotated

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 22:40:24 GMT 2013

Nick Rout suggests in this thread to institute daily DB backups and change
the  number of copies saved to a larger number (21)

I have moved the mythtv-database to /etc/cron.daily and it is creating a
backup each day.I also created a backuprc file with this command: echo
"DBBackupDirectory=/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups" > ~/.mythtv/backuprc and
added rotate=21 to it. -i.e.

DBBackupDirectory=/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups
rotate=21

But it is still only saving 5 backups.What have I done wrong?

-Paul