[mythtvnz] What is the best MythTV distribution to use?

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Aug 11 08:48:22 BST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 07:16:15PM +1200, Worik Stanton wrote:
> [...]

Just for the record, I did NOT write that!

> > Reading:
> > http://www.linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/Install_LinHES
>
> Thanks, I'll try it.  My system is working but the backend-setup cannot
> open the dvb device again.   Clearly the backend can as I am using it!
>

> > " ...
> > Create Install Media
> > 	The LinHES ISO can be burned to a CD or copied to a USB drive.
> > Transfer the image to the USB drive with the dd command.
> > Please be careful with this command as it's destructive.
> > Always double check that your using the right device for the USB drive.
> > dd if={LINHES.iso} of=/dev/{YOURUSBDRIVE}
> > ... "
>
> Yes I tried that, I saw it too (straight after I posted the other email)
>
> But it did not result in a bootable stick.

Ouch! Could you post your findings to the devs somewhere? I don't use
linhes otherwise I'd do it myself.

Can you try with a CD (for testing purposes)

> Unetbootin may be the way forward...

If that does work, then the wiki will need to be changed. But ... you'd
think there would be more people noticing this? IOW, are you sure you
are doing everything correctly?

I vaguely remember something about an issue with trying to burn an iso
more than once ... but I'm not sure.

This is quickly becoming off topic for this list. You should take up any
further issues on the approprate forum/channel or whatever for the linhes
project.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X