[mythtvnz] What is the best MythTV distribution to use?

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 08:16:15 BST 2013

On 11/08/13 18:53, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> > Which is why I always use Unetbootin.
> Reading:
> http://www.linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/Install_LinHES

Thanks, I'll try it.  My system is working but the backend-setup cannot
open the dvb device again.   Clearly the backend can as I am using it!

> " ...
> Create Install Media
> 	The LinHES ISO can be burned to a CD or copied to a USB drive.
> Transfer the image to the USB drive with the dd command.
> Please be careful with this command as it's destructive.
> Always double check that your using the right device for the USB drive.
> dd if={LINHES.iso} of=/dev/{YOURUSBDRIVE}
> ... "

Yes I tried that, I saw it too (straight after I posted the other email)

But it did not result in a bootable stick.

Unetbootin may be the way forward...

"As I went walking I saw a sign there And on the sign it said 'No
Trespassing' But on the other side it didn't say nothing, That side
was made for you and me" – Woody
       worik.stanton at gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804