[mythtvnz] Sky is renumbering its channels on 1-May-2013

David Shepherd david at daveshep.net.nz
Sun Apr 28 06:13:38 BST 2013

> I now have a script that will do the Sky channel renumbering for me,
> so if anyone else out there would also would like to use it, I have
> put a copy of version 0.1 (beta) here:
>
>    http://www.jsw.gen.nz/sky-renumber.tgz
>
> So that it can be tested thoroughly, this version does not actually
> change anything in your existing mythconverg database, it just creates
> a new table channel_copy which is a copy of the existing channel table
> with all the Sky channel renumbering done to it.
>
> Please check it out and get back to me with any bugs you find or
> changes you would like.  In particular, I have no idea how anyone else
> has their channels set up so if you want the script to directly
> support your setup, please let me know what you need.
>
> And can someone please make sure that I do not have any errors in the
> matching of old and new channel numbers.  Yes, I know it takes ages to
> go through all the channels and check the matching - I have just done
> that.  But if I have done something wrong and it does not get picked
> up...

I was planning to just edit the channel config in MythSetup or maybe via
MythWeb.
I'm running Hads' epgsnoop via a cron job to pull down the Sky EPG.
Will I need to change the channels.conf.sky file to cope with the
channel renumbering?
The comment in the channels.conf.sky file says the channel number is not
currently used but just thought I'd check withe the experts.
There's a couple of new channels I'd like to grab.  What's the best way
of doing this?
Is the channel_id field in the file internal to epgsnoop or is it some
form of ID# from Sky?
Thanks
Dave