[mythtvnz] Sky is renumbering its channels on 1-May-2013

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 25 12:06:17 BST 2013

I now have a script that will do the Sky channel renumbering for me,
so if anyone else out there would also would like to use it, I have
put a copy of version 0.1 (beta) here:

  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/sky-renumber.tgz

So that it can be tested thoroughly, this version does not actually
change anything in your existing mythconverg database, it just creates
a new table channel_copy which is a copy of the existing channel table
with all the Sky channel renumbering done to it.

Please check it out and get back to me with any bugs you find or
changes you would like.  In particular, I have no idea how anyone else
has their channels set up so if you want the script to directly
support your setup, please let me know what you need.

And can someone please make sure that I do not have any errors in the
matching of old and new channel numbers.  Yes, I know it takes ages to
go through all the channels and check the matching - I have just done
that.  But if I have done something wrong and it does not get picked
up...