[mythtvnz] Media works changes

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:28:27 BST 2012

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:03:25 +1200, you wrote:
>
>> I was looking for something else and spotted this, I don't know how
>> much will affect any of us.
>>
>> http://www.mediaworks.co.nz/IMPORTANT-NOTICE-FOR-TV3-FOUR-TV31-AND-C4-VIEWERS-USING-FREEVIEW/tabid/300/articleID/1571/Default.aspx
>
> Interesting.  The appearance of the Series/Episode data on the end of
> descriptions looks like it is related to these changes.  And it looks
> like as well as the description field, they have also put the
> Series/Episode data into the episode-num field in the right way for it
> to be used by MythTV.  For example, this EPG entry:
>
> <programme channel="tv3.freeviewnz.tv" start="20120920213000 +1200"
> stop="20120920223000 +1200">
>    <title>Smash</title>
>    <desc>New Episode. Casting begins for the Joe DiMaggio character,
> and the lead contender is hiding something.
> Meanwhile, Karen returns to her hometown to attend a baby shower. S1
> Ep3</desc>
>    <episode-num system="dd_progid">T422685</episode-num>
>    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.2.0</episode-num>
>    <video>
>      <present>yes</present>
>      <quality>HDTV</quality>
>    </video>
>    <audio>
>      <stereo>dolby</stereo>
>    </audio>
>    <rating system="Freeview">
>      <value>AO</value>
>    </rating>
> </programme>
>
> causes MythTV to show the following data in the Programme Details (I
> key twice) screen:
>
> Episode Number: E3S1
> Category: series
> Type: series (5912728)
> Programme ID: T422685
>
> With any luck, that will work to prevent MythTV from recording any
> repeats of these programs.

I have been having a look around the various NZ TV web sites a.d I have
notice that thia Seies Episode data is atarting to take on.  It appears
in the TVNZ OnDemand Listings and also in some Sky/Prime -Sky listings
as well as at MediaWorks .

I was thinking that it may be to allow closer linkage of OnDemand usage
with LiveTV ... but who knows.

I am ever hopeful that with the data being propagated to the XML EPG
listings we may see better program synopsis and meta data populating
from TVDB autoatically.

Tony Sauri