[mythtvnz] Media works changes

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 20 03:59:03 BST 2012

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:03:25 +1200, you wrote:

>I was looking for something else and spotted this, I don't know how
>much will affect any of us.
>
>http://www.mediaworks.co.nz/IMPORTANT-NOTICE-FOR-TV3-FOUR-TV31-AND-C4-VIEWERS-USING-FREEVIEW/tabid/300/articleID/1571/Default.aspx

Interesting.  The appearance of the Series/Episode data on the end of
descriptions looks like it is related to these changes.  And it looks
like as well as the description field, they have also put the
Series/Episode data into the episode-num field in the right way for it
to be used by MythTV.  For example, this EPG entry:

<programme channel="tv3.freeviewnz.tv" start="20120920213000 +1200"
stop="20120920223000 +1200">
  <title>Smash</title>
  <desc>New Episode. Casting begins for the Joe DiMaggio character,
and the lead contender is hiding something.
Meanwhile, Karen returns to her hometown to attend a baby shower. S1
Ep3</desc>
  <episode-num system="dd_progid">T422685</episode-num>
  <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.2.0</episode-num>
  <video>
    <present>yes</present>
    <quality>HDTV</quality>
  </video>
  <audio>
    <stereo>dolby</stereo>
  </audio>
  <rating system="Freeview">
    <value>AO</value>
  </rating>
</programme>

causes MythTV to show the following data in the Programme Details (I
key twice) screen:

Episode Number: E3S1
Category: series
Type: series (5912728)
Programme ID: T422685

With any luck, that will work to prevent MythTV from recording any
repeats of these programs.