[mythtvnz] xmltvid and four

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 25 02:14:56 BST 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:57:06 +1300, you wrote:

>On 25/10/12 12:31, Worik Stanton wrote:
>> Friends
>>
>> I am not picking up scheduling data for FOUR
>>
>> channel=four.freeviewnz.tv is the xmltvid I am using.  Where can I, how
>> can I, check this and if I find other channels with problems?
>
>I'm starting to notice other problems with other channels.  Like I have
>no parliament tv recordings (I record question time)
>
>So it is more than just FOUR.

You may need to overwrite existing bad data in your EPG database.  You
can try manually loading the data without the update option.  I have
not done this in 0.25 yet, but I think if you run this from a mythtv
group login it should work:

  mythfilldatabase --xmlfile freeview.xml --sourceid <your_source_id>

There is no manpage for mythfilldatabase, but mythfilldatabase --help
works.  Note the lack of a --update option, so it will overwrite
existing data.  If existing bad data is the problem, then you will
only need to do this once, but you will need to keep checking for a
few days.