[mythtvnz] xmltvid and four

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:17:42 BST 2012

> You may need to overwrite existing bad data in your EPG database.  You
> can try manually loading the data without the update option.  I have
> not done this in 0.25 yet, but I think if you run this from a mythtv
> group login it should work:
>
>   mythfilldatabase --xmlfile freeview.xml --sourceid <your_source_id>
>
> There is no manpage for mythfilldatabase, but mythfilldatabase --help
> works.  Note the lack of a --update option, so it will overwrite

My "mythfilldatabase --help" has no --xmlfile option.

I assume this:

--file <sourceid> <xmlfile>
   Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
   <sourceid> = number of the video source to use with this file
   <xmlfile>  = file to read

is the option.

So I assume "mythfilldatabase --file 3 freeview.xml is what to run so I
ran it.  Now I have data in the program finder but not the program guide.

I restored the database from back up, re ran setup, removed all but one
of my sources, unchecked the "Perform EIT scan" and rescanned for
channels and deleted all old ones.

Looking at the channel table I still have "useonairguide" set for most
channels.

I am over using SQL to modify my database(!).  How do I turn off the
'useonairguide' without haveing to resort to SQL?  Using just the
mythtv-setup?

Also under input connections I have two entries.  One

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 points to (None)

/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 points to Pinnicle

I edited adapter0 to point at Pinnicle and did a channel scan.  It had
its inputgroup 1 set to "Generic".  adapter1 points to "generic".  Since
adapter1 points to DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 I set the input group
1 for adapter0 to DVB_/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0.  I am not sure why.
But http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Inputgroup_table suggests this is to tell
mythTV that the cards are seperate devices and can be used simultaneously.

But one bad effect is I am back to having conflicts reported that are
not.  This went away when I went to one source.

I have recovered from being in the disastrous position I was in with no,
or inadequate, listings.  More or less back to square one.

Worik

--
it does not matter                      I think that I shall never see
how much I dig and dig                    A billboard lovely as a tree