[mythtvnz] Putting package on hold (was ... Re: Nvidia GT 220 broken by 304.60 drivers)

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Oct 22 11:10:41 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 02:45:19PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> If anyone out there knows how to lock down package versions, please
> let me know.  This seems to describe some options:
>
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto
>
> but I have yet to try anything.

It explains how to put packages on hold and also points to other
sources of documentation at the end of the document.

You can do it with dpkg:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/ref/apt-dpkg-ref.html
http://www.debianadmin.com/how-to-prevent-a-package-from-being-updated-in-debian.html

No need to install aptitude or synaptic, presuming of course that you
don't want them on your myth FE/BE setups

oppressing." --- Malcolm X