[mythtvnz] Pixellation Every ~ 20 minutes

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sat Oct 6 21:30:54 BST 2012

On 07/10/12 01:18, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM, criggie <criggie at criggie.org.nz
>     On 06/10/12 21:03, Chris Bannister wrote:
>         On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 05:29:01PM +1300, Steve Hodge wrote:
>                 In a way this is good - it means I don't have to go and
>                 buy a UPS to protect XFS/JFS.
>>>  Why would you need to buy a UPS to protect XFS/JFS?
>>  Is that a myth?
> Not at all - UPSs protect important things, and important things run
> filesystems like XFS, JFS, Reiser, extN, etc

> Can't say I'd call many of the recordings in my Myth system importantthings.

My mythbox is also my backup host, and it also runs other things.

I run three UPSs in my house:
one for the firewall/routers/switch/ATA/phone, est 84 minutes
one on my desktop (admittedly this one is under test), est 4 min
one for my two servers, can't measure its estimated runtime.

Theres a name for that logical fallacy - something like
"Argument from final Consequences" where one has assumed the answer
implies the question.

Anyway - OP is there any news on process lists etc as I suggested yesterday?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/