[mythtvnz] Hi

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Fri Nov 30 07:29:15 GMT 2012

> I assume for some reason you are running mythbuntu, if that is correct

Um - yes. I am wondering why, though. I thought it might be easier to
use, but am wondering if I should install MythTV into another distro -
xubuntu for example. I use Kubuntu on my desktop, so unless there is a
compelling reason not to, I would prefer to stick to an *buntu distro.

Wondering what the hell happened to apt on a rpm system gets
embarrassing after a while ...

Anyway - are there any advantages to using Mythbuntu?

I have been running Zentyal - a Ubuntu based office server distro - but
am not sure my machine would cope with both.

Soooo - what is the one best operating system for everything? Let me
know when you all reach a consensus :-)

Thanks for the detailed info about tv_grab_nz-py. I will get onto it
when I have time :-)

Don