[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed May 9 07:13:18 BST 2012

On Mon, April 30, 2012 4:59 pm, Steven Ellis wrote:

> On Mon, April 30, 2012 3:45 pm, David Moore wrote:
>> On 30/04/12 11:52, Steven Ellis wrote:
>>>
>>> So who here is using this for the DTT channels?
>>>
>>> I've had a play with mhegepgsnooppy and what I really need is a way to
>>> provide a mapping file rather than have it probe the MythTV database.
>>> The
>>> box i'd usually be running this on has a tuner card, but isn't running
>>> MythTV.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>> Just uploaded version 0.3.3 with option to specify a channel map file.
>> File format is two fields per row, tab separated, with MHEG channel name
>> first and xmltv channel ID second. Only briefly tested so quite likely
>> buggy.
>>

> Nice work. Provisional testing worked for me.
>
> I generated the mapping file off a channel scan as follows
>
> cat ../dtt/dtt.conf  | cut -f 1,13 -d ":" \
> | sed "s/:/ /g" | sed "s/$/.dvb.guide/g" > mheg.list
>
> Then once the card was tuned I could run the EPG grabber and get all the
> freeview|HD channels.

OK I still have a minor issue. The generated data doesn't include a GMT
offset for the times and is confusing the data load.

For example

        <programme channel="1407.dvb.guide" start="20120512203000"
stop="20120512213000">
                <title>32 Brinkburn Street</title>
                <desc>32 Brinkburn Street has been home to the Ogilvie
family for generations. Loved by most of its occupants,
the house will always be a home at the heart of the
family.</desc>
                <episode-num system="dd_progid">TWBS01_01</episode-num>
                <rating system="Freeview">
                        <value>PGR</value>
                </rating>
        </programme>

VS

<programme channel="1035.dvb.guide" start="20120511163000 +1200"
stop="20120511165500 +1200">
        <title lang="eng">ONE News at 4.30</title>
        <desc></desc>
        <category>tvshow</category>
        <category>News/Current Affairs</category>
        <!-- Cat:2-0 -->
        <!-- Unknown rating:0 -->
</programme>

Ideally this could be based on the timezone of the host, or could be
another command line option.

Sadly the freeview MHEG data isn't based off UMT.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz