[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 57, Issue 3

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sun May 6 10:50:15 BST 2012

> So why does the one in my mother's MythTV box work just fine?  Is it a
> different model from yours?  Hers is ID 2040:8400 on lsusb.  And my
> one also worked just fine when I was using it.  They both gave trouble
> until I fixed the antenna system.
>
> My recollection is that a previous incompatible model was on sale for
> a short while.  That might have been recalled, but it is not the card
> we are talking about which is the current TD-500, ID 2040:8400.  The
> original T-500 also works, it is just the one they made for a short
> time between those that does not.

I don't necessary believe any of the excuses posted by Haupig or that
any cards where recalled except for some manufacturing defect.
The incompatible card is mentioned on LinuxTV.org.

I know the original T500 works okay , I have used one for about 4 yrs.
The problem with TD500 is not linux incompatibility but intermittent
bursts of high BER.

The card has been removed from the PC but sure the id is 2040:84xx.