[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 57, Issue 3

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun May 6 03:02:34 BST 2012

On Sun, 06 May 2012 08:13:59 +1200, you wrote:

>> The signal levens listed are all on the HVR4000. I can't get the
>> readings on the TD500, it does not seem to support reading out those
>> values?

>I have used femon with the T500 & TD500 over the years..
>I have found femon works as expected with TD500 84109LF.
>
>My TD500 tunes with similar signal levels to T500 but has high
>intermittent BER errors.
>This is connected in place of a working T500 on same antenna.
>The TD500 has never worked correctly but it was free.
>
>T500 tuned TV3..femon -H
>FE: DiBcom 3000MC/P (DVBT)
>status SCVYL | signal  60% | snr   0% | ber 0 | unc 0 | FE_HAS_LOCK
>etc..
>
>There are posts on Haupigs site (by company rep) about NZ FreeviewHD
>high bitrate causing problems & there was an internet rumour about TD500
>recall (of unsold stock).
>
>Brett.

So why does the one in my mother's MythTV box work just fine?  Is it a
different model from yours?  Hers is ID 2040:8400 on lsusb.  And my
one also worked just fine when I was using it.  They both gave trouble
until I fixed the antenna system.

My recollection is that a previous incompatible model was on sale for
a short while.  That might have been recalled, but it is not the card
we are talking about which is the current TD-500, ID 2040:8400.  The
original T-500 also works, it is just the one they made for a short
time between those that does not.