[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 57, Issue 3

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sat May 5 21:13:59 BST 2012

> The signal levens listed are all on the HVR4000. I can't get the
> readings on the TD500, it does not seem to support reading out those
> values?

I have used femon with the T500 & TD500 over the years..
I have found femon works as expected with TD500 84109LF.

My TD500 tunes with similar signal levels to T500 but has high
intermittent BER errors.
This is connected in place of a working T500 on same antenna.
The TD500 has never worked correctly but it was free.

T500 tuned TV3..femon -H
FE: DiBcom 3000MC/P (DVBT)
status SCVYL | signal  60% | snr   0% | ber 0 | unc 0 | FE_HAS_LOCK
etc..

There are posts on Haupigs site (by company rep) about NZ FreeviewHD
high bitrate causing problems & there was an internet rumour about TD500
recall (of unsold stock).

Brett.