[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jun 22 06:19:27 BST 2012

On 22/06/12 16:30, Neil Henwood wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 03:13:17PM +1200, David Moore wrote:
>>
>> All this (quite helpful) stuff means that mysql has received a
>> malformed command. My guess is a missing space between "-u" and your
>> username. I hate that mysql wants a space here but doesn't want a
>> space between "-p" and your password. So I think you need:
>>
>> -m "-u myname -pmypassword"
>>
> Boom.
>
> Well I seem to have some success if I update the spaces in the username/passwords, it downloads and populates the xml file as expected.

Good to hear. Did you make any other changes apart from the
user/password thing?

> If you are going to do some work on it, would it make sence to use your script to capture and sanity check the mysql information,
> then pass it on as needed? That would let you be in control of what is being passed through.

Maybe. It's really something mysql should give you a clear error message
about IMHO. I've been bitten more than once running mysql from the
command line and forgetting about no space allowed between -p and
password. Trouble is the mysql error message is not helpful. Just tells
you access is denied. So maybe your idea makes sense.