[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 05:30:47 BST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 03:13:17PM +1200, David Moore wrote:

> All this (quite helpful) stuff means that mysql has received a
> malformed command. My guess is a missing space between "-u" and your
> username. I hate that mysql wants a space here but doesn't want a
> space between "-p" and your password. So I think you need:
>
> -m "-u myname -pmypassword"

Boom.

Well I seem to have some success if I update the spaces in the username/passwords, it downloads and populates the xml file as expected.

If you are going to do some work on it, would it make sence to use your script to capture and sanity check the mysql information, then pass it on as needed? That would let you be in control of what is being passed through.

Neil