[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:22:33 BST 2012

On 22/06/12 17:19, David Moore wrote:

>> Well I seem to have some success if I update the spaces in the
>> username/passwords, it downloads and populates the xml file as expected.
>>

> Good to hear. Did you make any other changes apart from the
> user/password thing?

No other changes, however I may have spoken too soon, as running it at
the moment it starts, lists the channels in Myth, then dies with
[root at server neil]# /home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py -v -m "-u <un>
-p<pw>" -d /dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 -o /home/neil/mheg.xml

Getting channel info from MythTV database
TV ONE    TV ONE    tv1.freeviewnz.tv
TV2    TV2    tv2.freeviewnz.tv
U    U    u.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 7    TVNZ 7    tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
TV3    TV3    tv3.freeviewnz.tv
<snip>
U    U    u.freeviewnz.tv
TV2    TV 2    tv2.freeviewnz.tv
C4    C4    c4.freeviewnz.tv
ONE    One    tv1.freeviewnz.tv
TV3    TV3
FOUR    FOUR
TV3 PLUS1    TV3 PLUS1
C4    C4
TV3    TV3
FOUR    FOUR
TV3 PLUS1    TV3 PLUS1
C4    C4
Getting program_map_pid from PAT
program_map_pid = 300
Getting carousel_pid from PMT
carousel_pid = 1003
Started downloading blocks. Waiting for Download Message Block...
block_size = 4066 no_of_modules = 21
module_id = 1 module_size = 19685
module_id = 3 module_size = 13860
module_id = 4 module_size = 17221
module_id = 6 module_size = 17986
module_id = 7 module_size = 14853
module_id = 8 module_size = 20369
module_id = 9 module_size = 19278
module_id = 10 module_size = 19907
module_id = 11 module_size = 19850
module_id = 12 module_size = 19075
module_id = 13 module_size = 19352
module_id = 15 module_size = 16993
module_id = 16 module_size = 16939
module_id = 17 module_size = 1219
module_id = 18 module_size = 50991
module_id = 19 module_size = 16684
module_id = 20 module_size = 28518
module_id = 21 module_size = 10840
module_id = 23 module_size = 409
module_id = 27 module_size = 4642

Found Download Message Block. 97 blocks total to download...
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 855, in <module>
     main()
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 288, in main
     download2(the_pid, datablocks, module_numbers, dmxfd, demux_filter)
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 416, in download2
     message_id = (buf[10] << 8) | buf[11]
IndexError: list index out of range

Running it again (and going away for a short while) and it hangs at
[root at server neil]# /home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py -v -m "-u <un>
-p<pw>" -d /dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 -o /home/neil/mheg.xml

Getting channel info from MythTV database
TV ONE    TV ONE    tv1.freeviewnz.tv
TV2    TV2    tv2.freeviewnz.tv
U    U    u.freeviewnz.tv
TVNZ 7    TVNZ 7    tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
TV3    TV3    tv3.freeviewnz.tv
<snip>
TV3 PLUS1    TV3 PLUS1
C4    C4
Getting program_map_pid from PAT
program_map_pid = 1647
Getting carousel_pid from PMT

Then running it again, is working.

Something is making it intermittent. Is there a way that i can make it
log a bit more to figure out what is going on? I'll have another go in
the morning to see what happens there, as the system is recording at the
moment, and seems to be ok.