[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jun 22 04:13:17 BST 2012

On 22/06/12 12:52, Neil Henwood wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 11:16:23PM +1200, David Moore wrote:
>>
>> Use the -v option to get verbose output. Might help you to see what
>> progress you're making.
>>

> I've run it again, and below is the output. I had to kill it as it was doing nothing more after about an hour.

If it doesn't produce more screen output after about a minute you can
kill it. Doesn't take long to read the data if things are working OK.

> [root at server neil]# /home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py -v -m "-u<un>  -p<pw>" -d /dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 -o /home/neil/mheg.xml
>
> Getting channel info from MythTV database
> mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.23, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
> Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
>
> Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
> affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
> owners.
>
> Usage: mysql [OPTIONS] [database]
>    -?, --help          Display this help and exit.
>    -I, --help          Synonym for -?

> secure-auth                       FALSE
> show-warnings                     FALSE
> plugin-dir                        (No default value)
> default-auth                      (No default value)

All this (quite helpful) stuff means that mysql has received a malformed
command. My guess is a missing space between "-u" and your username. I
hate that mysql wants a space here but doesn't want a space between "-p"
and your password. So I think you need:

-m "-u myname -pmypassword"

> Getting program_map_pid from PAT
> program_map_pid = 1416

This is promising. Looks like device I/O is working.

> Getting carousel_pid from PMT
> ^CTraceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 855, in<module>
>      main()
>    File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 286, in main
>      the_pid = find_pid3(dmxfd, demux_filter)
>    File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 349, in find_pid3
>      buffer.extend(dmxfd.read(3))
> KeyboardInterrupt

But something stops device reads later on. Puzzling because all the
reads are almost identical except for requested PID and number of bytes
to read.

I'm working on the next version so I'll add some more error trapping
around the device I/O to try and produce some clues about what's
failing. Should be out in a day or so.