[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

Neil Henwood nhenwood.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:21:59 BST 2012

> Just noticed you have "demux1" in the device string. Not sure about
> your card/setup but I would have thought "demux0" would be more
> likely. I have a dual tuner card so I have /dev/dvb/adapter0 and
> /dev/dvb/adapter1. But neither adapter has more than one demux so I
> only have demux0 for each. So in my case I can pull EPG data from
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 or /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0.

That was intentional as I was using a HVR3000, and it is a dual DVB tuner.

I've reconfigured myth to not release the tuner when it has finished and
also tried to use the Nova-T500 that I have as well, this is what I get
in that case

[root at server neil]# /home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py -m "-u<user> -p
<pw>"  -d /dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 -o /home/neil/mheg.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 855, in <module>
     main()
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 286, in main
     the_pid = find_pid3(dmxfd, demux_filter)
   File "/home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py", line 359, in find_pid3
     program_info_len =((buf[10] & 0x0F) << 8) | buf[11]
IndexError: list index out of range

I do however get something in the output though, so something is happening.

[root at server neil]# cat mheg.xml
<tv date="20120621220400" generator-info-name="mhegepgsnoop.py"
source-info-name="DVB-T MHEG Stream" />

> My cron job runs at 10 minutes past every hour. I do this because I
> have noticed that the MHEG EPG does get updated at odd times during
> the day. Mostly trivial changes to show descriptions I believe. My
> cron job runs as root so I don't need to be logged in to get the EPG.

So you can successfully run this while recordings are taking place?

I'm going to have to try to find some time to dedicate to working on
this to get it working correctly.