[mythtvnz] Mhegepgsnoop Setup

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 21 01:43:37 BST 2012

On 20/06/12 19:13, Neil Henwood wrote:
> With all the recent talk about epg I thought I would give the
> mhegepgsnoop grabber a go and see what I could get.
>
> Is there any documentation on how to get it running as I don't seem to
> be having any luck.
>
> If I run the with the command line
> /home/neil/mhegepgsnoop-0.3.6.py -m "-u <user> -p<pw>" -d
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1 -o /home/neil/mheg.xml
>
> I get this in dmesg
> cx8802_start_dma() Failed. Unsupported value in .mpeg (0x00000001)
>
> What am I doing wrong as I would like to give it a go.
>
> Neil

Just noticed you have "demux1" in the device string. Not sure about your
card/setup but I would have thought "demux0" would be more likely. I
have a dual tuner card so I have /dev/dvb/adapter0 and
/dev/dvb/adapter1. But neither adapter has more than one demux so I only
have demux0 for each. So in my case I can pull EPG data from
/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 or /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0.