[mythtvnz] Pulse-eight (Motorola Nyxboard) remote

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:00:24 GMT 2012

Like, I suspect, some others of you, I bought this from nicegear when
they arrived. I finally have a reason to use it (in a house big enough
for two frontends for the first time since Feb). It is an HID device.

It works well in XBMC, but in myth the keymappings are all wrong - up,
down, select work, as do some others. But there is no <esc> which
makes it impossible to back out of menus.

Are any of you using this for myth, if so how? Seem to be at least two
possibilites:

1. reassign myth's internal key mappings to match the keys on the
remote - simple, but seems klunky and may upset something else, like
other remotes; or

2. get it to work in LIRC, which means i can probably get it to work
in any software that uses keyboard inputs. This seems to involve:

(a) getting HAL to ignore the device; then

(b) setting up as a lirc hid device.

(c) do the button mappings in the lirc config files.

Any tips/ideas?